Sellers Overvalue Their Home’s Worth, Study Finds
(Posted By realtormag.realtor.org)
About 76 percent of home owners believe their home is worth more than their agent’s recommended listing price -- that’s up from 73 percent last year, according to a new survey conducted by HomeGain of real estate professionals and home owners.
On the other hand, 68 percent of home buyers say homes are overpriced, with 32 percent saying homes are overpriced by more than 10 percent.
“Home buyers and sellers continue to remain apart as to home valuations with the vast majority of home owners thinking their homes are worth more than their agents and the market are telling them,” Louis Cammarosano, general manager of HomeGain said in a statement.
The author of this article is: realtormag.realtor.org
See the original post at: http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-news/2011/12/07/sellers-overvalue-their-home-s-worth-study-finds
At GayRealEstate.com, we keep you updated with all the gay realtor, lesbian realtor, gay realty, gay real estate and general real estate news affecting the LGBT community coast to coast, and in your neighborhood.
If you have a real estate story that you’d like to share with us with the gay and lesbian real estate community, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posts by Popularity
- Bank of America settles Countrywide securities case
- Ally stops buying mortgages in Massachusetts
- Sellers Overvalue Their Home’s Worth, Study Finds
- Squatters Settle Into Multimillion-Dollar Homes
- HUD suspends affordable housing apartment firm
- Gay Real Estate Agent or Gay Realtor: Is there a differ
- The Debt Crisis Impact on LGBT Home Buyers
- Getting them in the door – Special incentives help ma
- Housing bust worst since Great Depression
- Foreclosures Are Selling Quicker, BofA Says
- Featured Albany Gay Realtor: Reginald, Realty USA
- Mortgage Rates Inch Up for Second Week
- Featured Savannah Gay Realtor: Robin, Rawls Realty
- Fannie Mae: Homebuilding jobs far from normal
- Featured Atlanta Gay Realtor: Shannon, Keller Williams
- Vacancy rates drop alongside homeownership rates
- Featured Savannah Gay Realtor: David, Kelller Williams
- REALTORS® Urge Preserving Homeownership Tax Policies
- Featured Maplewood Gay Realtor: Cataldo, Keller William